RICHMOND, VA – To make it easier for our members to get needed care during the COVID-19 crisis, and as outlined in the CARES Act, Virginia Premier is extending coverage for treatment of COVID-19 to June 30.
Effective now through June 30, Virginia Premier is providing the following benefits at no cost to members (i.e., no member co-pays or cost-sharing) for its Medicare Advantage and Medicaid plans:
- All telehealth visits with any care provider
- Any necessary or emergency treatment of a COVID-19 diagnosis
The same benefits apply to our Individual and Family plans, so long as members go to in-network providers.
In keeping with the CARES Act, out-of-pocket member costs will be covered when members suspected of suffering from COVID-19 receive medical care (either in-person or via-telehealth technology) from a health care provider. This coverage will apply through the duration of the Public Health Emergency (PHE).
Reminder of pharmacy benefit changes
As previously announced, Virginia Premier has relaxed pharmacy benefits to ensure members have prescriptions on hand. Members:
- May fill prescriptions earlier than normal without penalty.
- Can contact their provider to evaluate and replace 30-day supplies of medications with 90-day supplies.
- Should consider, depending on their plan, home delivery options for prescriptions as a way to comply with social distancing guidelines. To learn how to order, visit us at: www.virginiapremier.com/members/your-health-and-getting-care-for-coronavirus/.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
To learn more about Virginia Premier and its COVID-19 member programs, please visit www.virginiapremier.com/members/coronavirus.
For the most up-to-date provider resources, please visit https://www.virginiapremier.com/providers/coronavirus.
Virginia Premier’s mission is to inspire healthy living within the communities we serve, especially those in need. We do this through innovation, strategic partnerships and industry-leading healthcare. Founded in 1995 as a Medicaid HMO, Virginia Premier is the first and only nonprofit managed care organization in the Commonwealth, now serving more than 280,000 members statewide. It offers Medicare, Medicaid, and health insurance exchange plans. Virginia Premier is a majority-owned subsidiary of Sentara Healthcare.