Virginia Premier Medallion 4 and CCC Plus Members
Your Care Your Way
Make Virginia Premier your health plan.
or call 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 711).
Commonwealth Coordinator Care Plus, or CCC Plus, is a Medicaid program focused on managed care.
The Virginia Premier Elite Plus plan is a CCC Plus plan as unique as your needs. Every member has a care team dedicated to providing personalized healthcare and support. Your medical, dental, vision, and prescribed drugs are covered. When you are a Virginia Premier member, you also get extra benefits and services to help with daily tasks to give you more freedom. En español.
Are you eligible?
CCC Plus is a type of health plan for full Medicaid members who are:
- age 65 or older
- children or adults with disabilities
- living in nursing facilities
- receiving long term services and supports
- enrolled in one of the developmental disabilities waivers (Community Living, Building Independence or Family and Individual Support)
You can only sign up for Virginia Premier Elite Plus if the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) enrolls you into a CCC Plus plan. You can check online at cccplusva.com or by calling the CCC Plus Helpline at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608).
Are you eligible for Medicare?
You could gain even more benefits and rest easy with one main contact for handling your Medicaid and Medicare coverage together when you choose Virginia Premier for both plans.
How to choose Virginia Premier
When your application goes through, DMAS will send you a letter.
The letter will automatically assign you to a health plan. If you were assigned to a different CCC Plus plan, you have the option to switch to Virginia Premier. Here’s how:
- Call the CCC Plus Helpline at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608). The helpline is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Help in other languages is available.
- Have your Medicaid ID number on hand.
- Tell them you want to switch your health plan to Virginia Premier.
You have up to 90 days to switch. After that, you may switch to Virginia Premier during open enrollment, October 1 through December 18 every year. At any other time, you must have permission from DMAS. The CCC Plus Helpline at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608) can provide details.
Virginia Medicaid coverage plus Virginia Premier extra benefits
When you become a Virginia Premier member, you get extra benefits on top of your regular Medicaid coverage. Here are just some of the coverage and benefits available.
- Members get access to quality doctors and medical facilities through the Virginia Premier provider network. To see if your doctor, specialists or hospital is included in our network, check our Provider Directory search tool.
- Urgent Care: Urgent care visits for serious medical conditions that are not life threatening are covered.
- Emergency Care: Hospital visits for emergencies and anything life threatening are covered, including transportation.
- Chronic Disease Management: Members with chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease and asthma get personal coaching from a registered nurse. Your nurse will work with you to create an Action Plan to manage your symptoms, know when to call the doctor, avoid problems and help you feel better.
- Behavioral Health Services: Services and treatment options for people with mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety or other mental health issues.
Members under 21 years old get comprehensive dental services. Dental screenings and dental varnish for members under age 21 are covered under the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) benefit.
Dental services for adults age 21 and up are included with Virginia Medicaid coverage as of July 1, 2021. Coverage includes:
- Cleanings, exams and X-rays
- Root canals
- Dentures and partials
- Tooth extractions and other oral surgeries
- Gum related treatment
- Other general services
Not covered: braces and bridges.
The Dental Benefits Administrator for DMAS has details at dmas.virginia.gov.
- Medical Transportation (Standard Benefit): Virginia Premier schedules free transportation to and from medical visits.
- Non-Medical Transportation (Added Benefit): On a case-by-case basis, social workers may schedule rides related to social services. If approved, the member added benefit is three non-medical round trips every quarter. The rides are limited to 50 miles one way and may include an out-of-state destination. Unused trips do not carry forward to the next quarter. Social services that may qualify are:
- Obtaining food at a grocery store or food bank
- Applying for work or going to a job interview
- Applying for benefits or completing paperwork
- Court date
- Necessary medical, durable medical equipment (DME) and dental services not covered by benefits.
- Trips need to be set up at least five business days beforehand. Weekends and holidays do not count toward these days.
- Call us at 1-855-800-3480 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm to set up a ride.
Virginia Premier covers medications prescribed by your doctor, including some over-the-counter drugs with a prescription. Learn more.
- Virginia Premier’s Nurse Advice Line is ready to help when medical advice is needed right away.
- A registered nurse will always answer.
- Call 1-800-256-1982 (TTY: 711) 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
As of July 1, 2021, Medicaid covers tobacco cessation services for all members. Virginia Premier offers referrals to Quit Now Virginia and ongoing coaching, tips and tools from a Health Educator.
- Vision Coverage: Exam, lenses, and up to $100 credit for frames or contacts every 24 months. Members with diabetes receive eye exams every 12 months.
- Free Smartphone: Members get a free smartphone with 350 voice minutes, 4.5 GB of data, unlimited texting, and free calls to Virginia Premier each month, per household. SafeLink Wireless®
- Wellness Reward Gift Cards: $10 to $15 gift cards depending on the type of screening or preventive care visit for members who receive alerts about gaps in care.
- Access to CVS MinuteClinic: CVS MinuteClinic services include vaccines, screenings, physicals, monitoring chronic conditions, and diagnosing and treating illnesses, injuries and skin conditions.
- Chronic Disease Management Education: Virginia Premier covers the cost of attending classes.
- Hearing Services: $2,000 towards exam, hearing aids and fitting every 12 months.
- Meals After Hospital Stays: Up to 56 home-delivered meals over 28 days after hospital stays.
- Healthy Eating Program: Learn about food labels, portion control and meals that help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. The program includes online tools, food trackers, and classes.
- Fitness Program: A Health Educator will recommend physical activity unique to your needs. The program includes a pedometer to track steps, exercise DVDs and online resources.
- Sports Physicals: Members under age 21 can get screened once a year before taking part in sports. Also for members currently or formerly in foster care, up to age 26.
- GED Testing Assistance: Up to $275 in GED study materials and testing costs.
Potentially up to $25 in gift cards per health and wellness goal up to the yearly max, pending eligibility confirmation.*
- Adult flu vaccinations
- Well-child visit and immunizations
- Well-adolescent visit and immunizations
- Breast cancer screening (women age 40 and up)
- Cervical cancer screening (Pap test)
- Colorectal cancer screening (age 45 and up)
- Joining our Healthy Heartbeats Program for pregnancy care
- First prenatal visit
- Postpartum checkup
*List of health and wellness goals are subject to change.
- Healthy Heartbeats Program: Our team works closely with you to help you have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Gift Card Rewards: Earned for joining Healthy Heartbeats, having prenatal visits and a postpartum visit 7–60 days after giving birth.
- Baby Showers: Have fun and learn about pregnancy and helpful resources. Includes a diaper bag raffle. All attendees get a care package.
- Ovia: Free app with pregnancy health articles and trackers.
- Text4Baby: Free text messages with health tips about pregnancy, birth and your baby’s first year.
- Supplies and services: Free breast pump, lactation consultant, prenatal classes, parenting classes and family planning.
- Safe sleep education program
- Check benefit information
- Complete your new member screening
- Take a Health Risk Assessment
- Use the Health Tracker tools
- Communicate with a Health Educator
- Reference a health library
- Search health topics
Already a member?
Take advantage of the resources available to you. Visit our member’s page.
Keep your info updated. The state needs to know when your address, phone number, income, or the number of people in your household changes. First, contact your local Department of Social Services office and let them know about the changes. Then, tell Virginia Premier by calling Member Services at 1-877-719-7358 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Free and Reduced-Cost Services Near You
There’s more to staying healthy than just seeing the doctor. That’s why we’re partnering with Aunt Bertha, the nation’s largest free online directory of community organizations.
Virginia Premier members can use Aunt Bertha’s online search tool to get help with housing, employment, transportation, food and more. Just enter your ZIP code to find local resources and programs that are ready to lend a hand.
Helping people is what we do best
Questions? We have a friendly team of experts just a phone call away. Call 1-877-719-7358 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. We also offer free translator services.
¿Tiene preguntas? Contamos con un equipo amable de expertos a solo una llamada de distancia. Llame al 1-800-719-7358 (TTY: 711) de lunes a viernes, de 8:00 a. m. a 8:00 p. m. También ofrecemos servicios gratuitos de traducción.