Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus, or CCC Plus, is a Medicaid program that offers enhanced benefits and a person-centered approach to care. Every member has a care team dedicated to providing personalized healthcare and support. Our CCC Plus plan, Virginia Premier Elite Plus, offers these enhanced benefits, plus our own unique benefits, all with a personal touch.
Are you eligible?
If you are able to get health care coverage with CCC Plus, then the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) will sign you up. You may be signed up if you are eligible for Medicaid and:
- Are 65 or older
- Have a disability
- Get long-term services and supports
- Live in a nursing facility
- Are in a waiver program such as the CCC Plus Waiver
You can only sign up for Virginia Premier Elite Plus if DMAS enrolls you into a CCC Plus plan. To find out if you’ve already been enrolled into a CCC Plus plan, you can check online at cccplusva.com or call the CCC Plus Helpline at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608).
How to choose Virginia Premier
If you’re enrolled in a different CCC Plus plan, but would like to switch to Virginia Premier, all you have to do is call the CCC Plus Helpline at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608). Have your Medicaid ID number ready, and tell them you want to join Virginia Premier Elite Plus. The helpline is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Translation services are available.
You can change your health plan within the first 90 days after you become a CCC Plus member. You can also change your plan during open enrollment, which is October 1 through December 18, every year.
Learn more about your benefits with Virginia Premier
Here are just some of the benefits you get with Virginia Premier’s CCC Plus plan.
- Exam, lenses, and frames every 24 months (members with diabetes can receive 1 exam every year). $100 for frames or contact lenses every 24 months.
- One oral exam; one cleaning per year; one set of bitewing x-rays per year for members over 21 years old.
- For intellectually/developmentally disabled members, your Care Coordinator can attend your first dental visit with you to ease anxiety (for members over 21 years old). Dental sedation will be provided for individuals over the age of 21 who need sedation for dental care.
All Virginia Premier members have access to our online member portal. This is a safe and secure tool that gives members quick and easy access to:
- Check benefit information
- Take a Health Risk Assessment
- Use the Health Tracker tools
- Communicate with a Health Educator
- Reference a health library
- Search health topics
- Complete your Initial Brief Screening
- Through Virginia Premier’s provider network, you get access to quality care and health professionals for their doctor visits and hospital services. To learn more about our provider network or to see if your doctor or hospital is partnered with us, see our Provider Directory.
Access to Emergency and Urgent Care
- You also get access to emergency and urgent care services for serious medical conditions and life-threatening situations which require care right away. This includes transportation to the emergency room.
Chronic Care Management
- Personal coaching with a registered nurse to help you manage chronic conditions. Your nurse can help you take advantage of your benefits and connect you with other services. You will develop an action plan to manage symptoms, know when to call the doctor, avoid problems and help you feel better.
Nurse Advice Line
- Our Nurse Advice Line is available 24/7 for when you need medical advice right away. Just call 1-800-256-1982 (TTY: 711) and your call will be answered by a registered nurse.
- Need a ride? Virginia Premier offers our own safe transit to and from medical visits, health and wellness events, and education sessions.
- Trips need to be set up at least 3 business days beforehand. Weekends and holidays do not count toward these days
For a full list of benefits and details, see our member resources:
You can also contact our Member Services department at <1-877-719-7358> (TTY: 711) with any questions.
Already a member?
We’re glad you chose Virginia Premier as your health plan! We look forward to getting to know you better and helping you meet your health goals.
To learn more about the resources available to you, visit our member’s page.
Do you also receive Medicare?
If receive Medicare, think about joining our Virginia Premier Advantage Elite plan. This plan is for those who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. By joining, you will be able to make your care both simpler and more effective because these two plans will work together to better provide the care you need.
Visits our Medicare website or call us at <1-877-719-7358> to learn more!
We understand that many factors contribute to a person’s overall health. That’s why we work hard to connect our members to resources in the community.
To learn more about community resources near you, visit Aunt Bertha