Virginia Premier is committed to supporting providers by offering an intensive case/care management program that is designed to help coordinate services across the continuum of care. Case/Care Managers also intervene when patients demonstrate non-adherence to the treatment plan. Circumstances that may warrant a referral to the case/care management team include:
- Presence of progressive, chronic, or life threatening illness
- Need for inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation
- Terminal illness
- High risk pregnancies
- Acute/traumatic injury, or an acute exacerbation of a chronic illness
- Complex medical and behavioral health needs
- Complex social factors
- Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Multiple hospitalizations or emergency room visits
How can my patient join?
- Virginia Premier members can join by calling 800-727-7536
- Providers can also fill out our care management request form in the Medical Management section of our Provider Forms Library.