This policy applies to the following site, owned by Virginia Premier Health Plan, Inc. (Virginia Premier): www.vapremier.com. Other websites owned by Virginia Premier may have their own terms & conditions and/or privacy policies.
All material including any link to other sites and content found at linked sites is provided “as is” and without any express or implied warranties including warranties of merchant-ability or fitness for a particular purpose. Due to the nature of the Internet, Virginia Premier does not warrant that access to the service will be uninterrupted or error free. Virginia Premier does not warrant or make any representations regarding the usefulness of or the expected results of the material contained on this website.
Virginia Premier cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the website are free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. Virginia Premier does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to the files available for downloading from the website. In no event will Virginia Premier be liable to you or to anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on results obtained from use of files downloaded from the website. These files may be downloaded and/or reprinted for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason except for personal use is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from Virginia Premier.
Utilization of any portals or member or Provider management systems through the Virginia Premier website is restricted to authorized persons only. The information maintained in these systems solely belongs to Virginia Premier and cannot be shared with any unauthorized persons.
The information and content on this website is for your general educational information only. The information contained on this website cannot and is not intended to replace the relationship you have with your health care professionals. The health-related information and resources on this site are not a substitute for professional medical advice or the care patients receive from their physicians. Nothing on this site is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician before beginning any new treatment, exercise program, or if you have questions regarding a medical condition. You should not disregard medical advice, or delay seeking medical advice or treatment because of something you read on this site.
By health-related information, we mean the health-related medical and wellness information that includes, but is not limited to, text, graphics, video and images, as well as links to health information content accessible from third-party web sites.
Agreement and Terms
These website terms and conditions describe the rules for using this website. These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between you, the person using this website, and Virginia Premier. If you are helping another person use this website, these terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between both the helper and the person being helped and Virginia Premier.
Information Collected Automatically
If you visit Virginia Premier’s website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends Virginia Premier (and Virginia Premier may retain) information such as the:
- internet domain through which you access the internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- Virginia Premier will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- Virginia Premier will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- Virginia Premier will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit the site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information Collected
- If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, Virginia Premier may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, Virginia Premier may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
How Long Virginia Premier Keeps Information
Virginia Premier may keep information that Virginia Premier collects for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
Passwords and Breach of Confidentiality
Your username and password (collectively, the “Password”) will allow you to access the website and certain information about you. Your Password is the exclusive property and confidential information of Virginia Premier and may be used solely for your individual use of and access to the website. You are solely responsible for controlling and safeguarding your Password and for authorizing, monitoring and controlling access to your account. You are prohibited from distributing, providing or otherwise making available your Password to any third party and are responsible for all activities that occur under your Password.
Virginia Premier is not liable for breaches of confidentiality arising from unauthorized use of your Password. If you suspect that someone has learned your Password, you should access the portal site immediately and change your Password. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Password or breach of confidentiality, for whatever reason, you agree to report it to Virginia Premier.
Virginia Premier has made reasonable efforts to validate that the list of providers contained in the Provider Locator are up to date and accurate. Please call the provider prior to scheduling an appointment to verify that the provider continues to be part of the network and is accepting new patients. Virginia Premier shall not be liable for any losses, damages, or non-covered charges as a result of using the Provider Locator tool or receiving care from a provider listed on our website.
Social Media Networking
Your use of social networking media, including but not limited to participation in or use of blogs, threaded discussions, message boarding and social media, is conditional upon your compliance with the following:
- Do not post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity;
- Do not post offensive language using sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or deliberately offensive comments;
- Do not engage in disruptive activity online, such as excessive use of scripts, sound waves or scrolling (repeating the same message over and over);
- Do not post or transmit information, software or other material that violates or infringes on the rights of others. This prohibition includes material that constitutes an invasion of privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Never post or transmit information, software or other material that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties;
- Do not post any information, software or other material for commercial purposes;
- Do not solicit other users to join or contribute to any online service or other organization, or advocate or attempt to persuade users to join in legal or illegal schemes;
- Never pretend to be any other person or entity. Website uses may not falsely represent their professional or affiliation with any person or entity;
- Do not use this website to collect personally identifiable information about someone else.
You agree that Virginia Premier, at our sole discretion, determines whether any information transmitted or received violates this provision. Virginia Premier has no obligation to monitor social media. But we reserve the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through this website. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, from the website.
When using the website protect your safety and privacy. Please do not provide your name, phone number, member ID number, social security number, or any other personally identifying information to people you do not know.
Restrictions on Use of this Website
- Not to use this website or its information and content in any way not explicitly permitted by these terms and conditions or the text of the website itself;
- Not to copy, modify or create derivative works involving the information and content, except you may print a reasonable number of copies for your personal use;
- Not to take action intended to interfere with the operation of this website;
- Not to access or attempt to access any portion of this website to which you have not been explicitly granted access;
- Not to share any Password assigned to you with any third party or use any Password granted to a third party;
- Not to directly or indirectly authorize anyone else to take actions prohibited in this section; and
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using this website or the information and content therein.
In order to provide you with better value, Virginia Premier may provide you with links to various third-party web sites. Even if a third-party affiliation exists between Virginia Premier and that destination site, we exercise no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. Virginia Premier assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent methods or destination sites. These third-party links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk.
Virginia Premier may terminate any user’s right to use the Premier Wellness site at any time. Virginia Premier reserves the right to block, delete or stop the uploading of materials and communications that in its sole discretion finds unacceptable for any reason. Your right to access Premier Wellness will end at the close of your enrollment with Virginia Premier.
No Warranties; Limitation of Liability
You are responsible for any acts or omissions relating to your use of this website and for any damages incurred as a result thereof. You acknowledge and agree that we have not represented Virginia Premier as having the ability to diagnose disease, prescribe treatment, or perform any other tasks that constitute the practice of medicine or of other professional or academic disciplines. The Virginia Premier website is provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not, and our suppliers do not, (i) warrant the reliability or availability of the site, or (ii) guarantee that the site will be error-free or uninterrupted or that defects will be corrected. We and our suppliers each disclaim, to the extent permitted by law, all warranties, express and implied.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim on behalf of us and our suppliers, all responsibility for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, and punitive damages, and lost profits, revenues or data.
If you are dissatisfied with the Virginia Premier website, or with these terms your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the website.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Virginia Premier may revise, modify or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Once published, any revisions, modifications or amendments shall be effective immediately.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our suppliers harmless from and against all claims, damages, and expenses arising out of or related to your use of the Virginia Premier website.
If you have questions and comments or if you believe that your confidentiality has been compromised or that any of your communications have been intercepted, or you wish to notify us regarding a suspected violation of these terms, please call our Program Integrity Department.