Stay informed about coronavirus (COVID-19)
We're committed to helping you stay healthy.
Managing a chronic condition can be difficult. Virginia Premier is committed to helping you take control of your health and we’re available at 1-877-739-1370 (TTY: 711) to answer your questions. Our Chronic Condition Care Management programs will help you better understand your conditions and health concerns.
We can help you manage the following conditions:
- Behavioral Health (Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cancer (lung, colon, breast, and blood cancers)
A nurse will talk with you about:
- How the diseases could affect you
- How the treatments could affect you
- Your overall health
- Your feelings about the diseases
- Your feelings about the treatments
- Any medications you are taking
- The importance of seeing your doctor
- The importance of nutrition, blood pressure control, diabetes control, and weight management
- Any other support services you may need
Preventative Care and Wellness
Preventative health and wellness start with education. Learn how to find health problems BEFORE their symptoms find you.
Stay healthy, live longer by learning about your health. Search for information on topics like falls, bladder control, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, colonoscopy screenings and more through your Medicare Member Portal.
What is the Medicare Member portal?
The Medicare portal is free to you as a member of Virginia Premier Medicare. At your Member Medicare portal, take a health assessment just to see how you are doing. And don’t forget the health library is also included.
We also provide information and support to help you live a healthy lifestyle, including:
- Planning meals
- Quitting smoking
- Maintaining a healthy weight