Stay informed about coronavirus (COVID-19)
We're committed to helping you stay healthy.
Medicare Extra Benefits
When you have the Virginia Premier Advantage Elite (HMO D-SNP) plan, you get extra benefits on top of your medical, hospital, and prescription drug coverage. Need to know how to use your benefits? Select the benefit below to find out.
Please refer to your Evidence of Coverage for specific benefit limits.
You have dental benefits that cover an exam, cleaning, fluoride treatment, and X-rays every 12 months at no cost to you. You also have a $4,000 allowance to use for fillings, extractions, crowns, dentures, and more. You must use a DentaQuest in-network provider for these services.
To find a dentist near you:
- Go to the DentaQuest website.
- Enter your address, city, or ZIP code.
- Select Virginia Premier Advantage Elite (HMO D-SNP) under plan name.
You can also call DentaQuest directly to find a dentist in your area at 1-844-822-8115 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Every 12 months, you can get an eye exam for a $0 copay. You also have a $300 allowance to purchase eyeglasses or contact lenses every 12 months.
You will need to see an in-network provider through our vision partner, VSP. First, create an account online with VSP to locate a provider or call VSP Member Services. Easily create an account by going to VSP.
Once the account is created, you can review your benefit information, access eligibility and plan coverage details, and find a provider. You can also call VSP Member Services for assistance at 1-800-877-7195 (TTY: 1-800-428-4833), 7 days a week, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Every quarter, you have $350 to buy non-prescription drugs and health care products from the NationsOTC® plan catalog. The catalog includes hundreds of health and wellness items that can be delivered to your door.
You have three easy ways to place an order – online, by phone, and by mail. We’ll then ship your items directly to you at no additional cost. If you need assistance with your order, call NationsBenefits® at 1-888-357-6863 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Online. Visit NationsOTC.
- Phone. Call 1-888-357-6863 (TTY: 711).
- Mail. Complete and mail the order form found in your NationsOTC® catalog.
Receive a $350 allowance per quarter:
Quarter 1: January – March
Quarter 2: April – June
Quarter 3: July – September
Quarter 4: October – December
Your OTC allowance cannot be carried over to the next quarter.
Shop for a variety of brand-name and generic health foods with a $75 monthly grocery allowance. Order your own grocery card to shop in stores, or order groceries online through your NationsBenefits® member portal, by phone, or by mail.
Your grocery card will reload with $75 on the first day of the month. The grocery card allowance expires at the end of every month.
- Harris Teeter
- Rite Aid
To order by mail, use the order form located in your NationsOTC® catalog. If you order groceries online, by mail, or by phone, they will be delivered to your home at no charge.
Your benefit includes a free hearing exam once every 12 months. If hearing aids are needed, we provide free fittings and a set of hearing aids up to a $2,000 allowance every 12 months. Your benefit also includes the following at no cost:
- Three follow-up care visits in the first year
- One-year supply of hearing aid batteries
- A 12-month warranty
Get active with SilverSneakers® fitness programs. This benefit includes:
- SilverSneakers LIVE™ online classes and workshops
- On-demand workout videos in the SilverSneakers OnDemand™ library
- SilverSneakers GO™ mobile app with digital workouts
- Free membership at over 15,000 fitness locations in your community and nationwide
For more information, contact SilverSneakers® at 1-866-584-7389 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
We will get you to your medical appointment or pharmacy if you don’t have transportation with 48 one-way trips to medical plan-approved locations.
You also have 24 one-way trips to non-medical locations such as grocery stores, senior centers, gyms, support groups, churches, and Virginia Premier events.
Virginia Premier partners with Southeastrans for transportation services. To schedule a ride, call 1-855-880-3480 (TTY: 711), at least three days in advance, Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, or go online.
With the push of a button, your Personal Emergency Response System will connect you with help. Eligible members can receive a PERS in-home monitoring device that can get you to help quickly, 24 hours a day. This benefit requires a working landline or mobile phone coverage. Prior authorization is required.
Your benefit offers one Annual Physical Exam every 12 months for a $0 copay. An Annual Physical Exam includes a comprehensive physical examination and evaluation of chronic diseases. It does not include lab tests, non-radiological diagnostic tests, or radiological diagnostic tests. Additional cost-share may apply to any lab or diagnostic testing performed during your visit.
Using mail-order pharmacies can save you money for medications you use every day. You have two options for mail-order pharmacies.
Our partner, Curant Health, is a unique mail-order company that offers personalized patient care.
- You will receive personalized medication management from an assigned patient care coordinator and pharmacist.
- Each month, your coordinator will call to make sure you are feeling well and taking your medications as prescribed.
- Curant Health pharmacists and your provider will interact to manage your prescription refills and to ensure you are not under- or over-medicated.
- Your medications will be personalized and pre-packaged to ensure you are taking your medications at the right time.
- Receive your pre-packaged medication with free home delivery.
Another pharmacy partner, Elixir Pharmacy, offers affordable mail delivery directly to your home or location of your choice.
- Customer service representatives and licensed pharmacists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Elixir Pharmacy will provide clinical outcomes, quality of care, and patient safety.
- Mail-order provides a dependable way to obtain a 90-day supply of your maintenance medications.
- You can receive mail-order medications for blood pressure, arthritis, heart conditions, birth control, cholesterol, and asthma.
- You will receive refill reminders to ensure you never miss a refill.
- You can mail your prescriptions, or your physician can call, fax, or electronically prescribe directly to Elixir Pharmacy.
- To enroll online, go to envisionpharmacies.com and click on Elixir Mail in the bar on the top right. Follow directions to create an account.
After an inpatient hospital or skilled nursing facility stay, you may qualify to have ready-to-heat meals delivered to your home. You can receive up to 56 meals over a 28-day period following discharge. This requires prior authorization working with your care coordinator.
Virtual Visits make it easy to talk with a provider from the privacy of your home. Using your computer or smartphone, you can talk to a licensed doctor, counselor, or psychiatrist. These healthcare providers can diagnose, treat, and write prescriptions for routine medical conditions. Appointments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. There is no cost to you for a Virtual Visit.
Visit a podiatrist for preventive treatments such as removal of corns, warts, calluses, and nail care. You can visit the podiatrist up to eight times per year with a $0 copay.
See a chiropractor, up to six times per year, for therapeutic manipulation and adjustments. There is no cost to you for these visits. The benefit does not cover X-rays.