Even Better Together
Virginia Premier Medicaid is becoming a part of Optima Health on July 1, 2023. We are still committed to you and continuing to service all your healthcare needs.
Medicaid members, don’t lose your healthcare coverage. The renewal process is back.
Virginia Premier helps you access the best possible health care. For more information about our providers and services, please view our detailed member handbook.
- Where to Go Guide – Do you need care? Here are helpful tips to know where to go for your medical conditions.
- Provider Directory – Download a copy of the Virginia Premier provider directory for easy access and printing. If you are a Virginia Premier member under the collaboration with Kaiser Permanente, you can view the Virginia Medicaid and FAMIS provider directory on kaiserpermanente.org.
- Service Area & Enrollment – We have members just like you across the state. Click here to learn more about our services areas and how to renew your benefits.
- Member Newsletters – Stay up to date with the latest news from Virginia Premier!
- Rights & Responsibilities – Our goal is to treat you with respect and dignity. Learn about your rights and responsibilities as a Virginia Premier member.
- Transportation – Find out how to schedule transportation to your next appointment with your doctor. Free for our Medallion 4.0 members.
- Member Safety – Your safety is important to us! Click here to learn which questions to ask to help prevent medical errors.
- Forms – Want to change your PCP or request a new ID card? Use this section to download forms that will get you started.
- Referrals – Learn about the type of services that may need a request/referral from your doctor.
Medicaid Member News
New Pharmacy Benefit Manager Coming In 2023
Virginia Premier is always looking for ways to improve your benefits and services. As of January 1, 2023, the Virginia Premier pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) will change from Elixir to Express Scripts, Inc. You will continue to get your covered
Virginia Premier now covers your hearing benefits!
As of 10/1/2022, Nations Hearing will no longer administer your hearing benefit if you are 21 years of age or younger. Virginia Premier now covers your hearing benefits. To find a list of network providers, please visit https://www.virginiapremier.com/find-a-doctor/. If you
Consumer-Directed (CD) Attendant Supplemental Support Payment
The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) will provide Consumer-Directed (CD) Attendants who worked anytime between July 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021 with a COVID-19 supplemental support payment of $1,000. This one-time, pre-tax payment is subject to all applicable