Pregnancy and parenthood are exciting but stressful times. Luckily, Virginia Premier is here to help! Take advantage of our prenatal and postpartum online resources to gain the knowledge and confidence you will need throughout your journey.
What’s Available for me through the Member Wellness Portal?
- Check out Virginia Premier’s Member Portal and create an account
- You can use the health tracker tools, search health topics, access a Health Educator and more
- Access parenting and prenatal care information, labor and delivery, infant and child safety
- Earn points in the Healthy Heartbeats program for viewing the articles and videos
- Access a copy of our Member portal flier with more instructions
Why is Breastfeeding so Important?
Breastfeeding has many benefits for both mom and baby. Breast milk is the best nutrient for your new baby beach it is rich in antibodies, which help fight off illness and disease. Learn more about the benefits of breastfeeding >
Breastfeeding does not come easy to everyone, but we are here to help you. Talk to your Medical Outreach Representative to hear about the breastfeeding benefits we offer at Virginia Premier. Enroll in our Healthy Heartbeats Program & come to a baby shower. Email us at email@example.com, or call 800-727-7536, press option 3 for Medical Management.
How do I Sign up for WIC?
WIC gives healthy foods to pregnant moms, babies and growing children. WIC supports breastfeeding moms. Contact your local WIC department or ask for help from your Medial Outreach Representative. Learn more about nutrition for your family >
When and why Should I Visit my Doctor post partum?
You should visit your doctor between 4-6 weeks after you deliver. This visit is very important to make sure you are healthy. Check out how we reward you for getting your timely postpartum check up >
What do I need to know about safe sleep?
- Babies should be put on their backs to sleep. Watch this video to learn about safe sleep practices for your infant
- Refer to our Safe Sleep Program here.
- Take the Virginia Statewide safe sleep course through Baby Box University and qualify for a free baby box
- Talk to your Medical Outreach Representative about your safes sleep options for your baby
Additional Resources and Information
- Before, During, and After Pregnancy
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Prepare for labor and birth & take a FREE online childbirth class
- Learn about Postpartum Depression and how to cope
Text4Baby: Sign up for Text4Baby and you will receive free text messages throughout your pregnancy and your baby’s first year. Topics include prenatal care, baby, health parenting and more.
Car Seat: For car seat safety or to obtain a car seat from the Virginia Department of Health visit the VDH Car Seat Safety program or call 1-800-732-8333.
For Dad: For parenting tips and tools to help support you in your fatherhood journey, check out For Fathers, the National Fatherhood Initiative.
Centering Pregnancy Program
Centering Pregnancy is prenatal care offered in a group setting. This model of care allows you to take part in your prenatal care activities (weight checks, blood pressure readings and more) and receive support from other moms sharing a similar experience.
Please visit Centering Pregnancy to learn more about the program, the benefits, and to find a Centering Pregnancy approved site.
Resource Moms Program
Resource Mothers is available through the Virginia Department of Health for pregnant teens. The program focuses on the health of mom and baby, encourages early prenatal care, substance use avoidance, smoking cessation, nutrition, help returning to school and work, delay or repeated pregnancy and home family support.
- The Center for Parenting Education
- Completely Kids Richmond
- Hampton Roads Parenting Education Network
Domestic Violence and Homeless Shelters
If you are in an abusive or violent relationship, we urge you to seek help. A list of shelters in Virginia can be found at Shelter Directory Virginia.