What’s available for me through the Member Wellness Portal?
- Check out Virginia Premier’s Member Portal and create an account
- You can use the health tracker tools, search health topics, access a Health Educator and more
- Access parenting and prenatal care information, labor and delivery, infant and child safety
- Earn points in the Healthy Heartbeats program for viewing the articles and videos
- Access a copy of our Member portal flier with more instructions
Why is breastfeeding so important?
- Breast milk is the best nutrient for your new baby
- Breast milk is rich in antibodies which help fight off illness and disease
- There are multiple benefits to breastfeeding for both mom and baby
- Aeroflow Breastpumps provides education on breastfeeding and pumping
- Qualify for a breast pump through Aeroflow
- Click here to learn more about the benefits of breastfeeding!
Breastfeeding does not come easy to everyone, but we are here to help you. Talk to your Medical Outreach Representative to hear about the breastfeeding benefits we offer at Virginia Premier. Enroll in our Healthy Heartbeats Program & come to a baby shower. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-727-7536, press option 3 for Medical Management.
How do I sign up for WIC?
- Contact your local WIC department or ask for help from your Medial Outreach Representative.
- WIC gives healthy foods to pregnant moms, babies and growing children.
- WIC supports breastfeeding moms. Learn more about nutrition for your family.
When and why should I visit my doctor post partum?
- Between 4-6 weeks after you deliver
- This visit is very important to make sure you are healthy after you deliver
- Check out how we reward you for getting your timely postpartum check up here
What do I need to know about safe sleep?
- Babies should be put on their backs to sleep. Watch this video to learn about safe sleep practices for your infant
- Refer to our Safe Sleep Program here.
- Take the Virginia Statewide safe sleep course through Baby Box University and qualify for a free baby box
- Talk to your Medical Outreach Representative about your safes sleep options for your baby
For additional resource and information see below:
- Before, During, and After Pregnancy
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Prepare for labor and birth & take a FREE online childbirth class
- Learn about Postpartum Depression and how to cope
Do you know about Centering Pregnancy?Centering Pregnancy is prenatal care offered in a group setting. This model of care allows you to take part in your prenatal care activities (weight checks, blood pressure readings and more) and receive support from other moms sharing a similar experience. Please visit Centering Pregnancy to learn more about the program, the benefits, and to find a Centering Pregnancy approved site.
Resource Moms ProgramResource Mothers is available through the Virginia Department of Health for pregnant teens. The program focuses on the health of mom and baby, encourages early prenatal care, substance use avoidance, smoking cessation, nutrition, help returning to school and work, delay or repeated pregnancy and home family support.
- The Center for Parenting Education
- Completely Kids Richmond
- Hampton Roads Parenting Education Network