Virginia Premier’s Healthy Heartbeats Program helps you at each stage of your pregnancy and postpartum. The program’s outreach team provides supportive care for you and your baby while you’re pregnant, and after your baby is born.
Member Rewards and Benefits
Just for going to your OB appointments, attending classes, or participating in one of our Healthy Heartbeats baby showers, you can earn points and get rewarded with:
- Gift certificates
- Baby products
- A postpartum care package
Take a look at our latest member testimonial:
Nurse Advice Line
If your doctor’s office is closed, call our Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-256-1982 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Women of Color
Your health and that of your child, during pregnancy and postpartum, deserve a health plan that wants to be there with support and information. Virginia Premier offers pregnant women of color a program that focuses on them and their child.
- You receive caring and helpful services throughout your pregnancy from our case management and Healthy Heartbeats outreach teams.
- You are your best advocate and we help prepare you with prenatal and postpartum education to know:
- What services your doctor should provide during your prenatal and postpartum visits.
- What questions to ask your doctor during your prenatal visits about what to expect and when.
- You have a Healthy Heartbeats team member with you throughout postpartum to make sure you have access to care, family planning services, and resources.
Helpful resource: Birth in Color offers culturally-centered services, education, support, and classes.
We are here to help
We partner you with a Healthy Heartbeats outreach team member who will help you:
Who is on the Healthy Heartbeats Care Team?
You have your own care team, that looks at your specific needs. You’ll be paired with a Healthy Heartbeats outreach team member who will work with you. They will connect you to more support, like health educators, case managers, or community resources.
Your care team also includes your OB/GYN doctor, midwife, and doula. Together, your team will provide you with the education, support, and care you need to help you have a healthy pregnancy and baby.