Sometimes there are health conditions beyond your control. You may need a little help, but you do not know where to turn. Virginia Premier’s medical assistance program can support you with our Case/Care Management Services.
Who can participate in Case/Care Management?You are encouraged to participate if:
- You have been hospitalized or have used the emergency room several times
- You have a chronic or life threatening illness
- You have a high risk pregnancy
- You have children with special health care needs
What does the program include?
- A Registered Nurse case manager who determines your needs
- Referrals to community resources, specialists, counseling and a social worker
- Educational materials
- Follow-up calls and home visits will be scheduled, as needed