Medicare Facts Made Simple: What you should know
Learning the basics of Medicare
Understanding Medicare can be difficult, what with all the terminology you have to learn. Fortunately, Virginia Premier is here to help you speak the Medicare language.
- What is Medicare and what does it cover?
- Medicare is health coverage provided by the government. Part A is inpatient (hospital) coverage, Part B is outpatient (medical) coverage, and Part D is prescription drug coverage. Sometimes Medicare contracts with a private company to create a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan. Medicare Advantage plans include Part A and B benefits, plus additional benefits and services.
- Am I eligible for Medicare?
- Medicare covers most anyone age 65 and up, and people with certain disabilities under age 65.
- What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
- Medicare and Medicaid are both government programs. However, Medicare generally covers people age 65 and over, while Medicaid generally covers people (often children) with limited income. Some people are covered by both programs.
- How much does Medicare cost?
- The different parts of Medicare come with different costs. Part A usually has no monthly premium. Find plans available in your area >.
Download your FREE Medicare information guide or fill out the form to the right to have it mailed to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-877-739-1370 (TTY: 711). From October 1 to February 14, we are open daily from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, 7 days a week, excluding certain holidays. On weekends and certain holidays from February 15 to September 30, your call will be handled by our automated phone system.
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to receive your FREE Medicare Information:
Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery.