Find the Right Medicare Coverage For You in Virginia
Get information about the types of Medicare coverage and how to understand your health care needs.
See what 2019 plans are available in your area:
Serving Virginia For More Than 20 Years
Virginia Premier has been your neighbor for 20+ years. Our roots are here in Virginia, so we understand the health needs and challenges of the community. Now we’re bringing you quality, affordable Medicare Advantage plans at competitive rates with the same personalized care and service we’ve always had. Virginia Premier and Medicare Advantage – together, making healthy living easy.
The Initial Enrollment Period is the first time you can sign up for Medicare. You may join Medicare Parts A, B, C and D during:
- The three months before your 65th birthday.
- The month of your birthday
- Three months after your birthday.
The Annual Enrollment Period runs each year from October 15 to December 7. During this time:
- Anyone with Medicare Parts A & B can switch to a Part C plan.
- Anyone with Medicare Part C can switch back to Parts A & B
- Anyone who has or is signing up for Medicare Parts A or B can join, drop or switch a Part D prescription drug plan
- Anyone with Medicare Part C can switch to a new Part C plan.
The Open Enrollment Period runs each year from January 1 through March 31.
During this time, you can make a one-time change to your coverage into a “like plan”. For instance, you can move from one Medicare Advantage plan with prescription drug coverage (MAPD plan) to another MAPD plan, or to Original Medicare with a Part D prescription drug plan. The coverage is effective the first of the month following your change.
Ready to Enroll?
Enrolling in Virginia Premier is easy and convenient, and any information you share with us is kept secure and strictly confidential.
When you enroll, have your red, white and blue Medicare ID card available. If you don’t have your Medicare ID card, contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 or (TTY: 1-800-325-0778). Ask the SSA for your name as it appears in their records, and for the effective dates for your Medicare coverage.
What to Expect After Enrolling
Once you’ve enrolled with us, we will:
- Confirm your enrollment with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Send your ID card, which you should use for all your doctor visit.
- Send plan documents detailing your benefits and other plan information.
Get Your Free Kit
When you are looking to enroll in a Medicare plan, it’s important to understand all of your options.
Our Information Kits include: Benefits at a Glance, Summary of Benefits, Plan Service Area, Enrollment Made Easy, Enrollment Form