Virginia Premier, the second largest managed care health organization in Virginia, will continue serving Medicaid recipients throughout the Commonwealth through the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) rollout of the Medallion 4.0 health plan in August.
Virginia Premier is a non-profit organization that has provided access to affordable, high quality medical care primarily for Medicaid recipients since 1995. In serving Medallion 4.0 members, Virginia Premier will provide a wide range of benefits that include:
- Healthy Heartbeats, Virginia Premier’s pre-natal program designed to ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Members who enroll in this program earn rewards for prenatal care visits and classes; a baby shower; gift cards for both mom and baby; a free breast pump; educational materials and a special delivery package.
- Our Child and Teen Wellness and Prevention Program, which promotes good health for our youngest members from birth to age 20. Wellness benefits include exercise privileges at participating fitness facilities and free sports physical exams.
- Bilingual language services for our Spanish-speaking members.
- A dedicated fleet of vans owned and operated by Virginia Premier to handle our members’ transportation needs.
- Dental and vision benefits.
- Our Free Cell Phone Plan with unlimited texts and calls per month.
- Dedicated medical outreach representatives, who provide personalized health care, support and guidance.
- A secure, online portal through which members can:
- Check benefits Information;
- Take a health risk assessment test;
- Use health tracker tools;
- Access the health library;
- Search health topics;
- Complete an initial brief health screening.
Virginia Premier has long been recognized for its commitment to providing exceptional member services throughout the Commonwealth. “Our staff live and work in the communities we serve,” noted Denaire Johnson, vice president, Medicaid and MLTSS Programs. “So for us, ‘neighbors helping neighbors’ is more than just a slogan. We go far beyond the DMAS requirements to provide access to quality health care. We ensure our members have adequate food and shelter, and we address other environmental factors to optimize their health care,” Johnson added. “Our mission is to empower our members to lead the healthiest lives possible.”
DMAS is scheduled to phase in Medallion 4.0 by region as follows:
- Tidewater – August 1
- Central – September 1
- Northern/Winchester – October 1
- Charlottesville/Western – November 1
- Roanoke/Alleghany – December 1
- Southwest – December 1
Those who are eligible for coverage under Medallion 4.0 will be notified by DMAS directly and will be assigned a primary care physician automatically.
Medallion 4.0 members who wish to remain with Virginia Premier, even if they are assigned another provider, may do so by calling the Virginia Medicaid Managed Care Line at 1-800-643-2273 (TTY 711).
New Medallion 4.0 enrollees who wish to become a Virginia Premier member may also do so by calling Virginia Medicaid Managed Care Line at 1-800-643-2273 (TTY 711).
For more information, please call the Virginia Premier Member Services directly at 1-800-727-7536 (TTY 711).