Dear Employers, Attendants and Service Facilitators,
Virginia Premier has some exciting news to share with you.
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is approaching!
- Virginia Premier has chosen Consumer Direct Care Network (CDCN) for Fiscal Employer Agent (F/EA) Services
Electronic Visit Verification
What is EVV? Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) uses technology to electronically record when attendants begin and end providing services to Medicaid members. These systems require a device like a mobile phone or landline to collect attendant’s start and end times.
Who is affected by EVV? EVV affects attendants providing Consumer Directed personal care, respite care, and companion services to Medicaid members. Effective, October 1, 2019, DMAS will only allow Virginia Premier and other MCO to accept time submitted via EVV. This change is required by a new federal rule.
For more information about EVV, go to DMAS’ website (dmas.virginia.gov) and click on the Electronic Visit Verification link under the New Initiatives banner at the bottom of the page. If you have additional questions, please feel free to e-mail DMAS at EVV@dmas.virginia.gov.
DMAS staff will host several phone calls in June to discuss EVV in more detail. Additionally, DMAS will be providing town halls later this summer. Please see the following call schedule.
Phone Call Schedule
June 18, 2019
June 19, 2019
June 20, 2019
June 25, 2019
June 26, 2019
June 27, 2019
- Go to DMAS’ website (virginia.gov)
- Click on the Electronic Visit Verification link under the New Initiatives banner at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the link to EVV Phone Call under the Training Banner at the top of the EVV homepage.
Consumer Direct Care Network
On September 26, 2019, Virginia Premier will be transitioning our F/EA vendor from Public Partnerships, LLC (PPL) to CDCN.
Why is Virginia Premier making this change?
- To provide better member and attendant support with one call resolution
- To provide leading EVV technology
- To sync F/EA vendors with DMAS
Additional information about this change will be coming in the following months.