Starting July 1, 2023, Virginia Premier will become a part of Optima Health.
As a combined health plan, we are able to continue to provide you with excellent service and benefits. We know that you may have questions about this change. This list of Frequently Asked Questions is designed to help answer those.
- You do not need to take any action to continue receiving the benefits and services you have now.
- You will receive an Optima Health member ID Card in June. You should begin using this on July 1, 2023.
- It is likely you will be able to keep your primary care provider and see many of the same healthcare providers. Virginia Premier and Optima Health have many of the same providers in their networks.
- If you have a question about providers, or need help locating a provider, please call:
- Virginia Premier Member Services: 1-800-727-7536 (Before July 1, 2023)
- Optima Health Member Services: 1-800-881-2166 (After July 1, 2023)
- No, you will remain in care management. We will do our best to keep you with your assigned care manager. If you have concerns, please reach out to your current care manager to discuss this.
- If we need to change your care manager, you will receive a letter from us.
- All of your core Medicaid benefits will stay the same.
- You will have access to other additional benefits available for Optima Health members.
- We realize that as a Virginia Medicaid member, you have a choice in your healthcare. We hope you remain a member, but you are able to switch plans through September 30, 2023.
- For information on available plans, and to learn more on how to change your plan, please visit the state’s enrollment website at https://www.virginiamanagedcare.com. You can also call the DMAS Managed Care helpline at 1-800-643-2273 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608), Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.