With schools closed and many outdoor activities curtailed by social distancing, what are younger kids supposed to do to keep from being bored? After all, there are only so many video games to play and movies to watch.
Here are a few suggestions to keep them entertained, and to engage both mind and body.
Educational coloring book
Our fun coloring and activity book includes coloring sheets, a word search, maze and tips for staying healthy.
Additional indoor activities
- Cook up a simple recipe together
- Do some yoga, indoors or outdoors
- Make notes or letters for friends and family you can’t visit right now
- Rearrange the furniture (think pillow forts and obstacle course)
- Create a scavenger hunt
- Let them play dress-up using your wardrobe
- Teach them how to play a simple card game like “Go Fish”
- Fill the tub with water, add dish detergent and (under adult supervision) make bubbles
- Show them how to play with science (you can find lots of ideas here)